Thursday, October 27, 2005

Am I becoming the cat lady?

I finally got cat traps last night and the cats outside fell for the tasty food in the traps and are at the vet, as I type, getting fixed and getting their shots. Once the first 3 cats are finished at the vet I will release them back into my backyard and repeat the process by trapping the remaining cats. Now I just need to put my handy-woman skills to the test and build my feline community a cat house for the winter. I must send out a big thank you to two of the ladies that I work with. They each donated enough money to take care of one cat at the vet today!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

About a shelter for the Cats. It has been told to me that for the winter to shelter outdoor Cats Just stuff a dog house with straw. that way it's insulated Cats supposedly like it I personally haven't tried it out with my Cat. Maybe it varies with each Cat. My Cat is indoor and once it got inside for the first it's pretty much made it's self at home inside. It goes outside for a quick scenic trip and then it is back inside because that's were home is inside the house and sometimes It's in and out all day long... in and out back and forth. Beau might not like his personal space smelling like kitties:)or invaded by Felines. If he has a doghouse. Anyway it's a thought

Anonymous said...

Or even better, just use straw bales to build a house. It's great insulation, easy to take down in the spring, and inexpensive!

Abby's Mom said...

I think it's great that you are taking care of those poor cat's! Keep up the good work!

Eliza2006 said...

OOOH! I like the straw bale cat house idea! I think I'll give it a try!

Tiffany

M3 said...

Awesome, so glad to welcome you to the crazy cat lady club! :-)

Seriously, you are so sweet to be taking care of the poor kitties. It always breaks my heart to think about stray cats outside and wonder how they're staying warm or getting enough to eat.

Anonymous said...

Tiffany-
Don't think of yourself as the crazy *CAT* lady just the director of the local chapter of Planned Feline-hood.
Lisa and Tate

Puddin' said...

Tiffany,

You have such a big heart! I really admire you for caring about those kitties! What a wonderful Mom you will be! :)

~Jodie

Strayer said...

Good for you. I am a spayaholic. Glad you're trapping and fixing your strays. www.straychaser.blogspot.com