Saturday, November 11, 2006

Beijing Day 3!

Today was our final day in Beijing. We are getting very used to having our own personal Ike (our guide) and a driver! What are we going to do when we come home? Today was a very busy day. The day started off a little rocky when Jim announced that he forgot to lock the safe in their room. The Jensens were a little stressed, but everything was in its place when we returned. The day started off with a lovely breakfast at the hotel, went to the Jade factory, then the Great Wall, another fabulous lunch, toured the Hu Tong village (so fun!) and then finished the day off with the Peking acrobats (which were quite amazing). Tomorrow morning we head for Hohhot and Monday I meet Eliza!!!!

Hu Tong Tour. The skinniest, smallest (and apparently strongest) guy pulled us around on a bike tour around the village. I felt like a lazy bum letting him do all the work, but it was fun! We then got to go into a local villager's house and have tea and treats. This was one of my favorite things we have done yet.

The Great Wall of China. Need I say more?

Per the advice of the fabulous Ike, we hiked the less populated East side of the Great Wall. We didn't have to battle the crowds and we had a great view.

8 comments:

dawn said...

You look so happy in all the photos. I can't imagine how big your smile will be on Baby Day.
You're nearly there now..........

Tamara said...

LOVE the pic of you standing on the Great WAll. It means so much both physically and spiritually to fianlly reach this place- holding my breath until Monday!!!

Lisa and Tate said...

Oh wow!!! I can't wait to talk to you about the Hu Tong tour!!! That is something that I want to do for sure!!! I AM COUNTING THE DAYS TO ELIZA!!! The great wall lookes amazing!!! I better get in shape!!

Hugs
Lisa

Special K said...

Love the pics! Keep 'em coming. We're all living vicariously through you right now. I can't wait until I get to stand there on the wall where you are....

I'm looking forward to seeing Eliza... but I'm sure you're about to burst!!

Chris Grover said...

Ooooh, I LOVED the hu tong tour -- one of our favorite things too! Can you believe the little twigs of men that pull you around on those things?! I couldn't believe it! And the Wall is just amazing -- not much else you can say about it! Monday is coming soooo soon!

Shannon said...

What an amazing trip! The only thing that might top it would be...Eliza!!! Can't wait for Monday!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic pictures! We enjoyed the Hutong tour as well. Really puts things in to perspective.. huh?

Just think... 24 hours and you have Eliza!! Wooo-hooo!

Lisa :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are having a great time. We can't wait to be there too. Congratulations, she will soon be with you.

Alyson