Friday, December 08, 2006

Update w/pics!

Sleeping Angel

Eating String Cheese
I'm cute (and I know it)!

  • * Pictures are coming. Eliza is sleeping and my camera is charging. Speaking of pictures...we had baby announcement/Family Christmas pics done. Oh my! Both Eliza and Beau did a fabulous job! I'm sure the magazine people will be calling us any day! I'll have the CD on Sunday. I can't wait for everyone to see them. Brace yourselves for the beauty of my child!

  • * I find it comical that last week I was worried that Eliza wasn't crying when she woke up! She gets the whole "mommy comes running thing" and she likes it! She still wakes up very happy, but she'll let out a holler, so I know to come running...which I do!

  • * I also find it humorous that I was worried about her initial aversion to food. I can't eat without her grunting at me indicating she would like to have some of what I have! She opens her mouth like a little baby bird when the spoon is coming her way. She still loves sweet potatoes the best (which has cured any signs of constipation). I mix sweet potatoes with everything! For breakfast this morning she had a mixture of sweet potatoes, baby oatmeal cereal and avocado. YUMMY!

  • * How can one so small have so many opinions? I just want everyone to know that this little squirt is full of it! I love it! She's the perfect combination of super sweet and naughty!

  • * After hearing me say "mamma" a million times a day she has started to mimic me. It is the cutest thing. She says all sorts of variations such as mamma, ma!, mamamama. So cute!

  • * She mimics many other things too. If you scrunch up your face or wink at her she makes the funniest scrunchy face. She also will blow raspberries with her tongue.

  • * She LOVES Beau and Sam the cat. The first day home she was pretty scared of the animals, but now it is a very, very fun activity to try and grab fur or whiskers when the opportunity presents itself!

  • * She doesn't hate the car seat anymore...unless I take the wrong way home causing her to sit in her seat an extra 30 minutes (okay it was more like 45 minutes, but who's counting). Yes, we took a bit of a road trip yesterday. I was trying to take an alternate route home from Lehi and wound up going way, way west through Tooele!

  • * Sleeping is going really well. She sleeps anywhere from 9-11 hours each night. I prefer the 11 hour nights! She goes down around 9:30 pm and wakes up anytime between 6:30 and 8:00 am. 6:30 am is WAY too early for me. We slept until 8:00 this morning which was a treat!

  • * She has a deep love for Siging Time, and I do too! These DVDs are the only way I get a shower some mornings! If she gets fussy all I have to do is start singing the theme song and she looks at me and then looks at the TV as if to say, "Well? Are you going to put it on?" I can sing and sign the songs in my sleep. She may be getting the next set of DVDs for Christmas so I can have a little variety.

  • * Eliza is still doing the army crawl if she really needs something out of her reach. Since we've been home she's started getting up on her knees and rocking. I'm sure she'll be full-on crawling in the coming weeks...watch out everyone!

  • * Eliza is the most likeable, lovable, sqeezable baby! I'm a very lucky mommy!

5 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

She SOUNDS so adorable!!! Can't wait for the pictures!!!

Lisa

Donna said...

Lucky mommy and lucky baby...Eliza sounds like such a little character!

C's Mom said...

11 hours a night??? Lucky mommy you ARE :0)

Stephe said...

Very lucky momma!!! She is just too cute for words! Looks like things are going super well!! I am very happy for all four of you!

Special K said...

You're definitely a lucky mommy! She sounds like she's doing just amazing snce you've been home.