Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of School 2008


Eliza has seemed semi-excited for school to start this year. I think she is going to have a great year! Eliza is older, more confident, and very social. School should be her cup 'o tea! We'll see! We have been talking about school and her friends and teachers. We've talked about giving Amberly (her teacher last year) a hug, but that she would be taking care of the babies, not the big girls this year. Luckily, Eliza seems to understand this and is excited to be with her big-kid friends and her other teachers, Ilse and Robyn. We'll update later on today!

*update*
Eliza did really well today. She was feeling a little anxious walking in and started to cry. She was greeted by her sweet teachers and the tears stopped. She seemed genuinely excited to see everyone and had a great day!

13 comments:

Tracy said...

she looks like such a big girl in that picture! I love how she has her little doll with her:)

RamblingMother said...

she is adorable

Jamie and Family said...

She really does look big! What a cute cute girl. Can't wait to hear how it goes! So glad it's less traumatizing than last year! :-)

Donna said...

I'm sure she'll so great...and she looks so precious!

Lisa~~ said...

Hope that all went well for Miss Eliza on first day. Cute piccie. M and I did a meet-and-greet with her teachers today and school starts Tuesday, yeah!!

esther said...

I started reading your blog recently and I can't get enough of it! I love your observations and commentary about your daughter. It's so sweet. Keep it up!

Amberly said...

She really was great today! I only saw two times (during outside time) when she was a little bit sad. She had fun with her little gang, and it was SO good to see everyone! I didn't realize how much I missed them all :)

Abby's Mom said...

Simply Precious she is!

laurel said...

She looks so cute for her first day! So glad things went well!

Christi and Abbey said...

What a big girl, she has grown up so much! Our babies are little girls now. Good for you both on a smooth transition back to work. I am so with you on the idea of working part-time, wouldn't that be wonderful?

Mendy said...

So glad she had a great day! She looks so cute for her first day of school.
Mendy

kitchu said...

I swear everytime I see her photo I'm just blown away by how much she's grown! Hope her first day was wonderful, she looks all happy and ready to go!

Tabitha said...

She is cute! I like her!