Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Eliza is in a really fun stage right now (please sense my sarcasm). She is SO sassy and only wants to wear princess attire, which is fitting I guess. It makes getting ready for school in the morning quite pleasant. The rule is, if she throws a fit about taking her princess dress off, she can't wear it after school that day. So far, so good, but not without the threat every single morning. She hasn't had to be in time out for a while, but she had 2 rounds today...once for throwing a MAJOR fit because she wanted a toy like the girl at McDonald's and couldn't understand that I couldn't just reproduce the toy with the snap of my fingers and another time after I gave her a warning about yelling "NO" in the most sassy tone to which she replied, "NO!!!!". OoooohWeeee, her little hiny was promptly sitting in the corner in the kitchen. When I went to tell her she could be done with time out she looked at me with tears streaming down her face and said, "I can't stop [crying], I don't feel good". Being the compassionate mother that I am, I told her of course she doesn't feel good when she's crying like a maniac. She recovered and so did I. Luckily there are little random snippets throughout the day that make me chuckle (notice the latest Eliza comment in the sidebar).

I looked over at Beau tonight and had to snap a picture. It really tickled me to see my poor guy, trying to watch a little T.V. while being attacked by a princess dress.

Eliza made this portrait of me during "family week" last week at school. I look rather smashing, don't you think?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have the sassy problem here at our house too-started about 3. It is the most annoying phase EVER!! I hope E's doesn't last as long as Amelia's -- I don't see any end in sight for us:(

Liz and Ava said...

I really should say I'm sorry Eliza is being such a challenge lately...but deep down I'm really glad to hear that my little "Bossy", "Controlling", "Mouthy", "Defiant" little princess isn't the only one! Security in numbers!

Liz and Ava said...

We don't often use time outs at our house...mostly time ins because of attachment issues...but last night I had had it with the whinining, crying, defiance etc...and she was sent to bed without having a book read(as she lost this privelege earlier in the evening) to her and when she refused to sit and rock with me once her music was put on, I picked her up and put her in her bed, told her I loved her and would put her in Mommys bed after I cleaned up. I went in 30 minutes later to move her to my bed and found her asleep on the floor on all fours with her head on "Boo" as a pillow and her tush in the air! Why is it "GUILT" such a common emotion for mothers?

britt said...

Oh the joy of being a parent!
I had a similar occurance with Kaipo. The other day he was asking what was for dinner (since now days he doesn't like anything I make), I proceeded to tell him what I was going to make and he threw a fit because he WANTED something else and I didn't have the stuff to make it, and I politely (not really) said what do I just snap my finger and it all appears. He said yes mom jsut like magic. What do I say to that?!

laurel said...

I think it looks just like you! I am glad to hear we aren't the only ones having attitude issues. Must be in the water.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Oh little sassy one! It is hard for me not to laugh at her when she does it. Like when she told me "you're not the mommy." I just love her to pieces! Glad you're being firm/consistent.....must be hard as she just makes me smile.

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! When did Eliza see video of my Caroline and copy her?? That's what I want to know! Sassy, saying, "NO!", throwing fits, scream sessions in her room, demanding...shall I go on? Didn't think so.

I'm usually exhausted by the end of the day :)

Her rendition of you is lovely. The hair color is a bit off, but I'm sure she tried hard.

Tell Beau he has to wear the princess dress next time.

Anonymous said...

It is an age thing. Love the artwork.

C's Mom said...

Beau seems to take it all in stride.

I have to say, I think she really captured you in a modernist way ;0) Love that art!

T said...

Oh my we are in the sassy rut too. I have to be careful though because most of her sassy is pretty funny and I try not to laugh at her.