Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Monthly Update

Eliza and Jake in the Cherry Tree
Isn't the box always the most fun?
Brad and Lexy hard at work
Lexy, Eliza and Jake trying out the new swing set
Mommy and Eliza at the movies
Eliza singing Happy Birthday this morning


  • I've been stimulating the economy and Eliza is now the proud owner of a swing set and a trampoline. Very fun!
  • Uncle Brad was kind enough to put the swing set together for us and he, is now, getting all the credit. Every time Eliza sees the swing set she says, "Brad build it for me". Too bad he didn't pay for it too!
  • Eliza has been home sick the past 2 days. She's been running a fever, but has no other symptoms, which has made for a nice break. The only unfortunate thing is she missed her first field trip. Her class went to the zoo today. Oh well. She's been telling me, "Mommy no go to work. You stay here with me." She also told me last night, "I no like Joan * (one of her teachers) or Emmie (a toddler in her class who seems to cry a lot). I want mommy stay with me". Summer vacation cannot come soon enough. I feel like I am racing to the finish line, and obviously Eliza does too. The only thing keeping me from feeling too guilty is 5 minutes after saying she wants me to stay with her, she is asking to go to school. I guess it's hard to choose.
  • When Eliza is hungry she asks for dinner, even if it's 7 am. It's really cute and I know she's really hungry if she's asking for dinner!
  • Eliza saw her first movie, Horton Hears a Who, this past weekend. Lisa W. was kind enough to come with us. She was also kind enough to buy the biggest tub of popcorn to celebrate the occasion. We almost didn't make it past the previews...they were a little loud and scary. One minute she was saying she wanted to go home and the next minute she was telling me she wanted to stay. She ended up making it to the very end.
  • She vacillates from telling me in no uncertain terms she can DO IT BY HERSELF and "holdge" (hold me). I guess even though she wants to do many things by herself she still wants her mama.
  • She has been doing better at school, not 100% as she still has her moments, but better. The year is winding down and I'm hoping after a nice, long break we will both be rejuvenated and ready to go again in the fall. Only 19 more days of school!


*Name changed to protect the innocent!

18 comments:

Kim said...

I really like that swing set! I hope to get something like that for Natalie at the end of this summer when they go on clearance. She hasn't expressed an interest to play in our yard, I think I can still get by with weekend trips to the park.

Special K said...

Oh I love hearing her sweet little voice singing. That's just adorable.

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

OMG that was too cute! I loved her blowing out the candles and saying more candles! AWE :D
Ladybug hugs,
;D

Lisa~~ said...

You have the all the fun stuff at your house, can't wait to visit again. Cute, cute, cute on the singing and I don't care who she was singing to, I'm claiming it as my b-day song as she sang it on my b-day!!

Hugs and talk soon.

Amy said...

OK, here's the deal, Ruby's recent visit to our family doctor didn't really clear this whole 'fever just because' bit up for us like I had hoped. The up side is that they did mention that her throat looked a little red & perhaps it was strep. They did a throat culture, my girl was AMAZING! (With Ruby, so long as you explain to her WHAT'S going to happen, she's OK with it happening. No explanation? NO CULTURE! It's that simple I guess...) So, we're still waiting for the results & needless to say, Ruby will remain home while I go to work until I hear a yay or a nay from her doctor... just to be safe! (Thank GAWD for Nannie & Nonno!)

I'd say If you're doctor has ruled out pneumonia and/or ear infections, have them check the throat and do a culture if they haven't already. Can't hurt right?

Hope you two fair better in the coming days. It's still touch & go around here but we're hopeful that by the weekend, she'll be her old Ruby self again... complete with screaming NO!'s & everything. LOL

*hugs*

-Amy & Ruby Cate

ps. Although she's stopped napping in the middle of the day (A CLEAR SIGN my girl is sick as she's not been a napper for over a YEAR now *ugh*) I knew she still wasn't 100% because on our walk downtown to the library earlier, she INSISTED on riding in her china carriage, which she NEVER does anymore. She LOVES walking & holding Momma's hand. Today? Not so much. She really didn't even want to go but would've much preferred staying in to read a book & play Barbie's. I figure it'll be at least another day or so before my little girl is back...

Sister~Mom said...

SWEET SWINGTIME! :)

K said...

Believe it or not, one month before starting my adoption, I bought one of these on craigslist for $125 because part of my adoption plan was to buy a house with a yard. LOL! I paid for 4 wisdom teeth out, a new transmission and my adoption in the same months and my swingset is now living at the home of one of my daycare kids on an extended loan!

I can't wait to see the trampoline!

Catherine said...

Cool beans! Can I come to your house and play?

Adorable singing. Too cute Eliza!!

Not long now friend and you're home for the summer. Yay!!

laurel said...

Love the swing set! I bet I know where you will be this summer. Also, that is the prettiest tree I have ever seen! My cherry tree is young and I haven't seen more than 6 blossoms on it. Man, that is beautiful. I am counting down with you! You and Eliza are going to have the best summer.

RamblingMother said...

Hope she feels better soon!! Cool playset.

Erin said...

You have a very fun backyard, Tiffany! Love that cute swingset... I want one too! Congrats on the Movie... Libby is too scared of movies... we've had to leave several. You two are going to have a great summer together!

Erin said...

Oh, and Happy Mother's Day!

kitchu said...

Way to go Uncle Brad! (I have a brother named Brad!)... and her she is so a girl changing her mind like that, right?!

LOVED the video- a.dor.a.ble.

Anonymous said...

She is so, so cute! I love the swing....where did you get it? I will treasure the B-day video forever!
L.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the countdown to the end of school. I am there with you! Can't wait for summer:)

Donna said...

What a great swing set! It sounds like you and Eliza are having a busy spring!

Kelley said...

Have a fantastic Mother's Day!!

Christi and Abbey said...

love all your updates!
is the holdge kind of like holdgee or holdye? Thats what I get all the time. And A recently started not wanting to go to daycare and wanting me to stay home with her. How I would love to!
Eliza's hair is so long and pretty in the video.
I am very impressed that she made it through a movie, I haven't had the nerve to try that yet.
Happy Mother's Day and almost end of school!